Braces@56

Braces@56
My dream smile

Braces@56

Welcome to my blog. I'm having braces fitted at the age of nearly 56, and I thought you might find my experiences useful, if you are thinking of doing it too.

Monday 24 May 2010

You've only had it on for 48 hours!

'You've only had it on for 48 hours!' My daughter reminded me, when I said that it rubbed a bit. Great - 433 days seems such along time. I checked with the nice lady at the orthodontist's about the silicone wax. Basically, wear it if you need to, and remove it before cleaning your teeth, then perhaps put a fresh piece on. Well, after a dinner of blended risotto (don't ask!), I cleaned my teeth and decide to leave the wax off and just put on some Bonjela instead, and so far it doesn't feel so bad. I think that when I sleep, I squash my brace into the inside of my cheeks. This morning, I couldn't manage to put the gel inside at the back, because as fast as I dried it with a tissue, by the time I had the wax all ready, it was all wet again with saliva. Oh, well. I made smooth pate sandwiches for lunch. They were easy to eat. And I cut up a chilled ripe peach into very small pieces that I could almost suck. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment