Braces@56

Braces@56
My dream smile

Braces@56

Welcome to my blog. I'm having braces fitted at the age of nearly 56, and I thought you might find my experiences useful, if you are thinking of doing it too.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Clear Retainer on Bottom Teeth Today! New wire for Incognito brace.
















Today I picked up the clear retainer for my bottom teeth. My orthodontist showed my how to put it on gently and take it off by getting my nails under the edge at the back and releasing it. It felt weird at first and quite hard. He said that it should feel better after a few days because my teeth may have moved slightly since the imprint was taken, and are being moved back to their rightful places. I suppose that means that it's doing its job!
He suggested that I have a go and wear it this afternoon for an hour or so. It was a bit difficult getting it in the right place to fit it on, but once it was there it felt quite comfortable. I also managed to get it off again easily.
I feel a bit guilty because my daughter had a similar protector when she used to grind her teeth, and I had no idea what it felt like, but she didn't grumble, even though she used to chew right through hers! Thanks goodness she doesn't do that anymore!
I have to wear mine every night for a year and then perhaps every other night, and of course I'll be wearing the one I'll have for my top teeth as well.
My orthodontist also said that he'll order another wire from Germany for my top Incognito brace as my teeth are still not quite straight. That means that it will be easier for him, and less uncomfortable for me, to adjust them. I think that it's a good idea! My next appointment is in September when it should be ready.
Just noticed that in this photo, I haven't got it pushed down properly. Make sure that you do!

1 comment:

  1. This article is very nice and have a lots of useful information. Thank you for sharing with us. If you're looking for Incognito Braces, you can look for Embrace Orthodontics. You can contact him, he is a professional and effective orthodontic in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete