Braces@56

Braces@56
My dream smile

Braces@56

Welcome to my blog. I'm having braces fitted at the age of nearly 56, and I thought you might find my experiences useful, if you are thinking of doing it too.

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Last wire on bottom teeth!



Today I had my last wire fitted on my bottom teeth! My orthodontist said that it would be there for a while as it was a strong one to keep my teeth in their new positions. In the next few visits he will be fixing a permanent wire retainer behind them to also keep them in place. He also said that he would level them off to make them straight. This is because those teeth that were sticking out have not worn down like the others and are longer. sounds delightful, doesn't it?
Anyway, I'm still really glad that I'm doing it. They all look lovely and straight already!
Another thing is that I didn't realise how many things upset me when I looked at people's straight teeth on the television. For example, when the Maclean's advert came on for The Girl with the Perfect Smile on Dancing on Ice this year, I thought at first, "Oh, I haven't got a perfect smile", and I didn't last year when it was on. Then I remembered that I have! It's fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment