Braces@56

Braces@56
My dream smile

Braces@56

Welcome to my blog. I'm having braces fitted at the age of nearly 56, and I thought you might find my experiences useful, if you are thinking of doing it too.

Saturday 2 April 2011

Retainer wire on bottom teeth. Softer wire on top teeth. Plus I have date when they're all coming off!



Today, I had the retainer wire glued to my bottom teeth. It was fine. My orthodontist first added an elastic to my brace to close up a little gap then he cleaned the backs of my teeth thoroughly, and glued on the little wire which had been made from the impression made last time. It's embedded in the glue so I can't really feel it at all.
I'd been a bit worried about my top right canine which isn't level with the others yet, so he took off the firmer wire and replaced it with a softer wire, in the hope that it could be brought into line more effectively. And that was it!
He still says I'm on line to having them both removed before the wedding so I have an appointment booked on July 21st, and one on the 26th to have the plastic retainers fitted.
I can't believe that it's nearly all over, that this time last year I hadn't made up my mind to do it yet. Now I'm so glad that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment