Braces@56

Braces@56
My dream smile

Braces@56

Welcome to my blog. I'm having braces fitted at the age of nearly 56, and I thought you might find my experiences useful, if you are thinking of doing it too.

Friday 10 June 2011

More reproximation and power chain elastics!



A couple of days after visiting my orthodontist last week, I noticed that a gap had opened up next to my middle two front teeth on my left hand side. It began to worry me as I'd just had my last adjustment and I wanted my teeth to be as perfect as possible when my braces were removed. He was able to see me today, and agreed that there had been some movement. He removed my wire which had got quite snug, (it was a bit uncomfortable to do), then polished the edges of my front teeth so they would fit together more closely. This time he used a metal strip and there were no vibrations, so it wasn't so bad - just like filing your nails. He replaced the wire and added some power chain elastics to hold them together. I can already see a difference in the photos. The upper one was taken last week and the lower one today.
I have another check up appointment in about two weeks to make sure that everything is going ok. So fingers crossed, I will have a great smile for my daughter's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment