Braces@56

Braces@56
My dream smile

Braces@56

Welcome to my blog. I'm having braces fitted at the age of nearly 56, and I thought you might find my experiences useful, if you are thinking of doing it too.

Thursday 2 June 2011

Last adjustment! Incognito and Inspire Ice braces off at next appointment!



There we go! I've had my last adjustment today, and both my Incognito and Inspire Ice braces will come off next time. That's just 8 days before my daughter's wedding!
Apart from changing the little elastics which hold the wire onto the brackets, my orthodontist tightened up my right canine tooth, which is not as in line as it should be. It did hurt a bit as he nudged it, but we agreed that meant that it had moved. No pain, no gain!
I'm still worried about having my braces removed, but I can't wear them for ever! I am looking forward to biting into crisps and biscuits instead of breaking them into little pieces and making lots of crumbs.
But, already, now my teeth are more settled, I'm finding that I can chew more things. Last night, I went for a Chinese meal with my friends, and found that I could eat those duck pancakes which we always have as a starter more easily. However, I did order some Chef's Drunken Fish which was lovely and soft, in a batter, rather like sweet and sour pork, only fish. Yum!
It was funny at the surgery. My younger daughter is learning to drive, and so drove me there. Afterwards, she was there in the waiting room for me, as if I was the teenager and she was the mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment