Braces@56

Braces@56
My dream smile

Braces@56

Welcome to my blog. I'm having braces fitted at the age of nearly 56, and I thought you might find my experiences useful, if you are thinking of doing it too.

Thursday 21 July 2011

Inspire Ice Brace OFF Today!


My bottom Inspire Ice brace is OFF and it wasn't bad as I thought it would be.
First of all I was asked to bite on a piece of soft wax, I suppose to hold my teeth in place, then there was a tiny sharp pain as each tooth was nudged, and a snap, as the bracket came off. Afterwards the glue was polished off with a buzzing attachment, but it wasn't painful except for one or two sensitive areas. And that was it, apart from the photos to show my brace-free smile, and a quick impression of my bottom teeth to make my plastic retainer. Of course, I still have the top Incognito brace, which is hidden behind my front teeth, but no one will see that on my daughter's wedding day.
However, my orthodontist has given my top teeth another tweak to help to get them completely straight, and it will be another two months before I go back and see how they are getting on, apart from picking up my plastic retainer next week.
I had a lovely surprise when I left, the receptionist presented me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I didn't know what to say, but she said that although I haven't finished my treatment yet, they were giving me them because of my daughter's wedding. Wasn't that nice?

2 comments:

  1. Incognito Hidden Braces
    Incognito is 100% customized and provides a more esthetic treatment alternative to aligners and braces. Visit our Honolulu and Kapolei Office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your given article above and found them very informative! We at Masri Orthodontics, offer braces in Detroit Mi and know more than just braces and we want to keep you informed and educated on the latest orthodontic care trends. Thank you so much! Keep sharing such articles.

    ReplyDelete