Braces@56

Braces@56
My dream smile

Braces@56

Welcome to my blog. I'm having braces fitted at the age of nearly 56, and I thought you might find my experiences useful, if you are thinking of doing it too.

Sunday 23 May 2010

Let me eat cake!

Although I was told not to eat sweet things when wearing a brace so it doesn't become trapped around it and damage my teeth, I thought I'd try a couple of the little lemon cup cakes I'd made - and yes, I did leave off the icing on mine and the little crystalized lemon . . . Well, they were soft and I was able to 'chew' them, personally, I think that half the pleasure of eating is in the chewing! I did clean my teeth immediately afterwards though. I also find that having a glass of water handy is useful when I'm eating to swill my teeth (and swallow!) to loosen the bits of food which feel a bit strange. Later on, I felt hungry again, so I braved a banana sandwich made with soft wholemeal bread. I'm pleased to say that I ate the whole thing without too much bother. Perhaps the pain of pressure on my teeth is going off, or I'm getting used to it more. By the way, the pain isn't constant like a toothache, it's just the pressure on the tugged-about teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment